EDCO scarifiers come in manual push and self-propelled models. The working widths of these scarifiers range from 4″ on the CPM-4 to 12″ on the CPU-12.
Scarifiers can do a variety of surface preparation jobs including cleaning warehouse floors, texturing surfaces for adhesion of coatings, leveling sidewalks and uneven joints, grooving parking decks and removing traffic lines, paint and coatings.
Every EDCO scarifier is made with five basic components:
1. Four or six shaft drum loaded with steel or carbide cutters rotating either up-cut or down-cut at a high speed to remove surface materials
2. Power source (gasoline, electric, air, propane) to move the drum
3. Variable depth control for adjusting the depth of the cut
4. Heavy-duty 7 gauge steel frame
5. EDCO’s unique engage/disengage that raises or lowers the cutting drum without losing the depth setting
Production grinding and floor cleaning on large or small surface areas such as airports, warehouses, parking decks, manufacturing plants, malls and sports arenas
Light grinding or cleaning of concrete surfaces
Leveling uneven joints
Removing mastics, thin-set, high spots, epoxies and urethanes
Lightly texturing slippery concrete surfaces
Sidewalk trip hazard repair (Reveals Rock)
Concrete and coatings removal
Floor cleaning and/or preparations
Creating non-slip surfaces
Traffic line and markings removal
8″ working width will scarify approximately 350-500 sq. ft. per hour at Depth Per Pass of 1/8″
Removes traffic lines at 800-1,000 linear ft. per hour
Vacuum port equipped
Grinding concrete 1/8″ leaves lines. You would need to use a 7″ surface grinder afterwards to smooth.